Afraid to take DD to nursery cuz what she does with her *hooha!

So, my oldest DD is 2 1/2. We have always called her girly parts her hooha. Well, she recently grasped the concept of hide and seek/peekaboo. And I guess in her little mind she thinks her hooha is hiding in her diaper?? Anyways... the other day I took her diaper off to change it and she opens her legs and says, "Peekaboo, Hooha!!" and laughs... I couldn't hold it in and I busted out laughing before I could stop myself, so she did it again and again! I have since discouraged this... but I'm afraid to take her to the nursery, or leave her with a sitter or anything until she stops doing this! What would you do/what would your reaction be??
and I will admit, I still think its a little funny... but I really don't want her doing this anymore...

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 8:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's funny :) Kids are so cute.

Really, though, her teachers deal with this all the time . . . it is the age of discovery! They will totally understand.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What are you worried about? That they'll suspect abuse or something? Don't worry, embarrassing as it may be, its normal toddler behavior. You can try explaining to her that speaking to or touching her "hooha" should only be done in private.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My son does the same thing with his 'peeper' because he figured out peekaboo and peeper kinda sound the same, lol.

I mean, you could kinda give them a heads up. Maybe hearing it from someone other than you will get the point across to her?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I chuckled, that is pretty funny. I'm with you, I wouldn't encourage it, but I would find it funny. I'd just give the nursery a heads up, and discourage it when she does it. Tell her no, we play peekaboo with our face, not hooha, or something along those lines. And then share the laughs with friends when she's not listening. Cute!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't worry too much. I'd give a quiet heads up to the teacher though just so they know.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies... you guys have made me feel better about this already haha... I will definitely warm her sitters/teachers =]
    mrsbvader

Comment by mrsbvader (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't understand why adults use baby talk when talking about body parts. It is a vagina, not a hooha...
    Anonymous

• LMAO! DD did something like that once, but not regularly thankfully. If it were me, I would explain the situation to a sitter as best as possible and then ask them to try to discourage it as well. Or just wait until the habit is broken lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

I don't consider that baby talk, I'm 23 and call my vagina a hooha. When my ultra sound revealed I was having a girl the arrow on my pic that I posted on FB pointed to her "hooha, proof she's a girl". It's just my word, kinda like I say butttox instead of butt.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Just let them know, and even though it is a fun game for her, try to divert her attention when she does it. Maybe it'll help break her of it. Yes, it's an age thing, but it also needs to stop at some point. Better to start nipping it in the bud now, ya know? Good luck!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011