What the hell is wrong with my husband?

So...I plan and make a wonderful dinner for us for Friday night...a nice steak that we don't get to have often. The broccoli is steaming and everything is almost done...and our son wakes up crying for me. DH says he will "take care of " the food. 
I go up to take care of DS which takes almost 20 minutes...and when I get back my food is cold and still uncovered, the broccoli is overcooked because the lid was not removed and I am visibly upset. I say something about it...and my husband decides to get all pissed off at ME...for "throwing a fit".  He has stormed off and is now upstairs. 
Are you freekin' kidding me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• frustrated

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• maybe he was trying to be sweet, but didn't know what the crap he was doing. he didn't do it on purpose!
    Anonymous

• My husband would sooner deal with the child than the broccoli. a vegeatable he hates with a passion !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Husbands can really be the Biggest Jerk-Offs when we least expect it sometimes! Sorry- he ruined your Steak Dinner:(
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• That sounds like what my husband would do
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It just amazes me how men WON'T think to cover your food to keep it warm...it's like, any considerate precautionary measures are beyond their capacity.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• oh yeah...and he was back to his video game...that's why my food was cold. Now, I have to re-heat it and it will be overcooked.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Come on, he tried, just reheat the food and eat it, stop whining.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree, he tried. No wonder he is back to the video game if all you do is complain.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well i guess the question is did you "throw a fit" or just call him out? big difference

but i guess the point is he said he'd take care of it and he didn't im sure if he would have just apologized it would have been fine but instead of taking responsibility he had to shift the blame. I think your right to be upset over how he treated you.

Maybe it's good that he's spending time in his room. That's what I do to my children too.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 9:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011