Why is it when we have free time we talk of our families...

I mean my life is dull to others but I like the fact that I got my errands and housework done.
Even my mom tells me I am boring, but ohh... well she did not like staying home and being a mom.
I do.
Who else likes being a SAHM?

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 8:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I like being a SAHM and at the moment it is the only subject I have to talk about. So what if it makes me boring.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 8:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's not boring. We are dedicating our lives to our children because we feel it's just that important! We are creating compassionate, confident and productive people. We take the time to cook our meals instead of eat out all the time. We provide the best that we can for our children.
    This is not to knock working moms in anyway.
    Anonymous

• Damn good question.... Because they are closest to us.
    ShellyRo

Answer by ShellyRo at 8:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I love being a stay at home mom.... I used to work outside of the home, and sometimes I miss it...but not to much for the most part. I am not a work at home mom, which gives me something to do when the kids are at school (not like, cleaning, laundry, mowing the yard, and baking aren't enough). I like that fact that I can contribute to our household and that I don't have to worry about what my kids are seeing or hearing in day care. (I've had bad experiences in the past)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Darn good answer Anon.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Good answers. I like being a stay at home mom because I am here to give my DD lunch and talk when she gets home from school.
    I do some work from home, but it is only book keeping work that takes less time that the time she is ijn school.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I love it. My family is my life. Being a mommy is my life. I know some (especially those who don't have kids) might think it's dull, but they just don't get it. My son can do the smallest thing and it makes my day. The first time he said "mama", you'd have thought he won the Nobel Peace Prize, I was so excited, lol. Being a sahm might not be glamorous and I may not get paid...but the rewards are limitless. I get paid in love and there is NOTHING that tops that. My son is the most important thing in the entire world to me, and nothing else even comes close. Therefore, nothing can make me happier than he does. I'm constantly amazed at how one little person can mean SO much to me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Being a SAHM has its perks, but I can't say that I enjoy every aspect of it. It's a boring situation to be in, especially when I don't have any adult interaction outside of my husband (when he's home). My family lives hours away as well as my friends. So .. Whereas I like some apsects of being a SAHM (mainly being around the kids a lot) I don't like a lot of other aspects of it. (Chores and lack of socialization)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Because we love our families
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I was a SAHM while my children were at home and I am a SAHW now that they are all out of the nest. I love my family and I loved being here for them when they were growing up and I like being here for them now. My son in the Army calls me usually in the morning before his day starts, if I worked I'd miss those calls. My son in TX calls me after work or before work, if I worked I'd miss those calls. When my soldier son comes home on leave we can spend time together, if I worked we'd miss that time (his dad does so at least he has 1 of us to spend time with). When my college son comes home we can spend time together, if I worked I'd miss that time. If I worked my husband and I would have as much time together because we'd have to schedule our time around 2 work schedules and not 1. Even with an empty nest I love being available to my family and they like having me there for them.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011