How would you deal with this?

my daughter worked til six tonight. it was quite cold and snowy here. for her to walk home it would have taken 20 minutes at least. knowing i was not going to be home when she got off i called her bf. he was running around ( in a car with his friends) he made all kinds of excuses why he couldnt pick her up. now her ex used to walk fifteen minutes to pick her up and anothr twenty to take her home. notice i said he would walk. when new bf is riding aroundwith his friends and wont do it tell me short of beating his lazy ass how can i handle this?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't know how old they are, but he would be gone if it was my boyfriend. As mom, all you can do is talk to your daughter. Be careful, though, she could just get mad at you for being angry at him. Use careful wording with her. He's too busy with his friends to help her out? Not good. Sounds like a teenager.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You don't deal with it, because he's not YOUR boyfriend. Your daughter needs to deal or not deal with it how she sees fit.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well, he does the things he does because you all allow it. No one would be living in my home without a job and an attitude such as his. Talk to him, give him a time frame to get a J-O-B, start contributing and be a BF or he can GTFO.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• no but when i called he had the nerve to get an attitude with me. see what you dont under stand is he has no job and basically lives with us. eats our food , uses our electric etc. etc but when he is asked to do something he is full of excuses.
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The only one that can deal with it is your daughter. You can let her know your feelings towards it but don't puch too much or she'll take his side..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• There isn't anything that you can do about it. She has to do it her self.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 9:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's not your situation to handle. If she wanted a ride then she should've called around and looked for a ride.
    You have no business in this what so ever and have no business handling her boyfriend for her.
    If she's old enough to have a job then she's old enough to find her own ride home. AND old enough to handle her boyfriend.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• well it is my business jazz she is my daughter living in my home and she is my business and if someone is treating her bad it is my business also. she did try to find a ride but he should have been man enough to go get her and bring her home good lord i hope none of your children start dating anytime soon i fear they will be doomed if at any time the relationship goes bad
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011