How long did it take you to get pregnant?

I was wondering how long it took everyone to get pregnant? And if you have more than one child how long did it take with the 2nd or 3rd?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is my first baby, and after going off of birth control, it took nearly a year to get pregnant.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• lol for a sec before i read it again i thought t said soemthing else lol. both kids took about a month
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I went off the pill on Labor Day of 2007 and conceived late November/early December, much quicker than I expected! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• with my firsti she was a surprise so i would say just a cycle. i was on birth control for a month and got pneaumonia so it messed me all up. for my second, my husband just came home from a 15 month long deployment and it took 2 weeks....again oops surprise but i wasnt on birth control our method was condoms. im on the pill now and when we are ready for a 3rd im going off of it for 3 months before trying. i read that somewhere to do the 3 months.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 12:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The GREAT majority of women I know got pregnant as soon as they stopped using protection, many on the first try! Think of how many women get pregnant while taking the pill, but just miss one.

Sorry, I just got really frustrated with hearing people say, "I went off sooner because I thought it would take awhile to clear my system...and then I got pregnant right away!" It was annoying to not have it go this way for us, even though I don't think it took a long time.

Anyway, it's not true...so I'd advise not trying to get pregnant until you're ready to have a baby in about eight months (I always account for early babies, too!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Well I had a miscarriage in June and I feel like it has taken forever!!! I know its only like 5 months but when you lose something that precious it takes a toll on you. And it depresses me because I want one more and more everyday. SO says im obsessed. Well I think I know just about everything. There is a certain point where you need to stop because it will make you lose your mind. We dont really believe in doing OPKs or anything like that. We like the natural way. But Im so hoping this is our month!! I will be testing saturday so I hope its positive!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Oh I just read that over...I dont know everything! I know about almost everything I need to in a pregnancy! :) That sounded horrible!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• For my first it was a complete surprise and for my son one time. I am a fertal murtal.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• mamaAlderman give me some of your fetile mertile vibes!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Aww, good luck Marah! This was my lucky month, maybe you'll be able to give an ultra-special Christmas gift, too!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2008