Inviting Boys to a Barbie Party

I am having a Barbie Party for my daughter's 5th birthday. She is wanting to invite her preschool class - which is boys and girls. I have made the cutest birthday invitation but it is DEFINITELY Barbie. Do you think it's ok to send it to boys and girls? I'm going to have things for the boys to do at the party and at this age I know they will have fun doing anything. Just not sure what to do about the invitation - I don't want to make 2!!

Asked by lovetoteach16 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• hmm. If you sent my ds a Barbie invitation, I probably wouldnt send him. Hope that doesnt offend you, but not so sure about a Barbie Theme invitation card. Good luck, I might be alone in my thinking here..

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• To us an invitation is an invitation.

Answer by mslksdh at 9:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree with mslksdh.

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• well if someone were to send my boys an invite with Barbie on it, i wouldnt mind, i would think that its a birthday party for a little girl is all and that is why there were Barbie invites sent out.

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It doesn't offend me - I don't have a boy so that's why I'm asking. :)

Comment by lovetoteach16 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'd send the invitations to all the children and have a good time with who ever shows up. I wouldn't blaze a trail to take my son to a barbie party but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't like their son to go and have a good time.

Answer by RentaMom at 9:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• lol, I cant believe the ladies didnt vote me down! What a nice bunch tonight. My son is 16, so Im way out of practice. Good luck hon

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011