Do you think it would be beneficial...

If all hospitals had multilingual employees on duty at all times?

(I wasn't sure where to put this.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Of course, but it would be next to impossible to have that kind of staff.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• In this country it is beneficial to have multilingual employees working anywhere. However, the fact is that there would need to be multilingual people in every field. As well as enough to staff every shift, which could lead to higher costs for the company. Which means higher costs for you. Then you have to take into account that some areas need more then just someone who speaks Spanish and English. In some towns there is a large russain community, other towns a large Spanish community, in other towns a large Chinese community, etc. Therefore, you'd need someone in that field who speaks both English and their native language .. And again someone for every shift.. So it'd be near impossible to accomplish that.

Bilingual people are saught after like cats to catnip anymore .. but just not enough are interested or have the ability to do so.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm sure it would. I can't imagine trying to explain a health condition and symptoms to someone who couldn't understand me. Something vital could be missed.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Unfortunately yes
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2011