What season are clementines in?

I bought some this week and they're terrible. The store was full of them, I assumed they were in season.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 9:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• They are always best IMO right around Christmas- Jan
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The are still very good at our stores. As the spring and summer come they get dry and hard. Hopefully, you just got a bad bag that was stored properly or something.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I know that, I was typing quickly while I was also talking to dh. But hey, thanks for being a jerk.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It is blood orange season, now

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Valencias are in season from Florida now. Clementines are at the end of the season so they aren't very good, but you should ask the grocery for a refund.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I bought a box a week ago and got them home and they were all rotten so I took them back and the store refunded my money if they taste that bad see what they store will do about it. They are at the end of the season now and with the cold weather the south states have been having affects the crops also.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i have seen both clementines and mandarins yet. earlier this week i got a bag of mandarins, and they are a lot better than the clementines my father in law gave my kids yesterday. i did not think clementine season lasted this long, i thought they were only december and january.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011