Suggestions for how to amuse my 2.5 year old while on a long car trip???

elithefly

Asked by elithefly at 6:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Travel

• portable dvd player music colors snacks
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• We have taken long trips with our kids & we couldn't have done it without a tv. We used to have a tv/vcr combo & now we have a dvd player. I just pack several of their favorite videos. I also pack a bag or plastic container with a variety of activities. For a 2 1/2 year old, I would pack some crayons & coloring books/paper. You might also want to take along a cd with children's songs on it. Does your child have any favorite type of toys? My daughters love to play with little character toys, stuffed animals, doll house dolls, Little People, Littlest pet shop type of things. They can entertain herself with those. My kids are little older now so they can play games & listen to MP3 players, but there might be some type of electronic toy that is good for a child who is 2 to use in the car. I remember packing an Etch-a-Sketch once too. You could also get a small dry erase/magnetic board or just use a cookie sheet and place a variety of magnets (such as letters & #'s) and place them on it.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Oh, and another thing; take along plenty of snacks & drinks:-)
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• We take a dvd player with lots of Spongebob DVD's. Also take lots of snacks. If your child likes to color take along crayons and a coloring book and take a lap tray. We drove my 27 mos old to Myrtle Beach which was an 8 hr drive and he did fine.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2008