Am i gaining too much?

my doc said last week that ive gained about 35 pounds and she said i should slow down because im only 7 months and have more to gain. i feel really frustrated because ive pretty much quit smoking and its hard to know what to do with myself now and i know sometimes i do eat out of boredom. ive had the flu and a few other health issues so they tell me to stay off my feet as much as possible and rest but also to exercise-how do you do both? i was underweight when i got pregnant, some days i didnt even really eat so ive been trying to eat 3 meals a day during this pregnancy but the doc makes me feel like im doing it all wrong. i eat healthy but i cant help giving in to cravings sometimes. i dont want to gain too much because i know it will be harder to take it off and i WANT to take it off! anyone else going through this?

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I gained 83 lbs with my 1st. A year after she was born, I only had 5 lbs left on me

My mom gained over 100 with each of us and dropped it in a year. While they want you to stick with only gaining @ 30 lbs, for some women that is impossible.

Just keep eating healthy and don't worry so much.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• thanks, i appreciate that-it helps too know someone else went through it too
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i gained 60 pounds while pregnant and i started off 10 pounds under weight !lol! just eat and tell the doc to shove it! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I gained 59 with my dd, and was told to watch it, but I ate healthy and all that good stuff, and lost all of the weight within the first year, so don't worry so much!
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just do what your doc says.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2011