Why do you think my dogs chew up their beds I buy them?

Its cold and raining here and my dogs won't go in the dog house my husband built. Inside is the torn beds they tore up. Why do they tear it up and why won't they go in their dog house. They rather be cold on the patio. Crzy! Again I've bought them several dog beds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pets

• They like to make thier own nest. So to speak. They are den animals and like it a certan way. Try hay its warm and can conform it. We put a blanket for my dog growing up as well. She loved it. But when it got too cold we brought her in.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I rescue animals.....and believe me.....have gone through more than my fair share of bedding. One of the first things you have to consider is the breed of the dog......for instance weiners (and a lot of the smaller breeds) are known to be burrowers.......so they chew a hole in the bedding....much like digging a hole in the ground.......they burrow down into the ''hole'' to catchs the critter......but in this case to get warmer.
    whisper4evernmo

Answer by whisper4evernmo at 10:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i agree with pp .. would it be any cheaper to get old blankets as oppose to new stuff?
    how old are they?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• They are 5 & 4 years old..they rip blankets too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2011