Sleep aids?

So im traveling in june and were going by plane. I need to know if there is anybody that knows of any good natural sleep aids for toddlers approxment age is 15months. This will be my daughters first time flying so i would like to give her something to help her relax and maybe even sleep during the plane ride. Im still planing on talking to her doctor to make sure its okay to give anything like to her. But if any other moms have any advice i would love to hear it!!! Thank you for your time.

SophiasMommy875

Asked by SophiasMommy875 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There are natural sleep aids for children that you can find in super supplement or other health food/nutrition stores or you can look into the non-natural and just use a little bit of benadryl.. but ask your dr for the dosage.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thank you!!! Yea we have a couple health food stores around us but i just wanted something a bit more homemade. I gotta keep looking. Thank you again for your help
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We took our daughter on a plane when she was two and she did just fine. She even slept on takeoff and landing and she NEVER sleeps in the car or took naps at all for that matter. I would not use anything without speaking with your doctor. Even natural things can be harmful to small children. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks!!! I do plan on talking to her doc. We had go on vacation before when she was younger and she did horrible. She does not do well in the car or store or any place for that matter. Thats why i wanted to try something to help relax her.
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't give anything but a dose of Tylenol to help with ear pain, and I wouldn't give her anything without talking to the doctor first, it is very easy to overdose a child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would not give anything before getting a doctor's ok. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it can't be toxic, as well. Also, if you plan on something, make sure you try it before the trip, just to make sure there isn't a problem that would ruit the trip.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011