He finally desided to quit smoking!!! and hes driving me crazy...

my husband desided to finally quit smoking after 16 years which thats really good but now hes really moody in a bad mood all the time i kind of already had a idea that was going to happend and i dont mind helping him get true this what gets me really mad and hurt is that im trying to do my best to help him to be there for him but he pushes me away he tells me that he wants to be alone that he dosnt want to talk to nobody but goes and talks to hes friends to hes mom to hes cousins and he seems fine to me it seems that im the only person who he dosnt want to be around and its driving me crazy i dont know what to do and honestly im the only person who is trying to help him quit smoking!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Did he go cold turkey? My sister did the patch and my adult dd took the pill to stop. Neither one had withdrawals or was moody. Maybe he can try one of those.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Quitting smoking is one of the hardest addictions to break. Its worse then herion. I quit cold turkey October 14, 2008 at 4pm. I will never forget my last cigarette. My husband said for the most part I was "okay" lol. But I know that I wanted to just scream and smack people. Everything made me want to smoke. I can understand his wanting to be alone. Talking makes you want to smoke, eating makes you want to smoke, talking on the phone, drving......the list goes on. I was better after a couple months. It changed my life completely. Try your very best to support him. I know its hard to deal with. I dont know if you smoke but if you dont......you truly do not understand. It changes your personality, your outlook on life.......the very chemistry in your system. Give him huis space.......aftlet his body heal. Good Luck!!!!! I hope he makes it:)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Take it easy for sometime. Accept the fact that your hubby actually wants to quit smoking. Feel good about that fact that he has taken initiative to do that. Talk to him politely & if you are in habit of nagging stop doing that. All he wants is your mental support. That's it.......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do. I am sure he doesn't mean to take his frustrations out on you but you are the one who is around him most. Just remind him you are there for him and you love him. He knows you are supporting him and that will help a lot. I know I tended to lash out about the stupidest things when I quit. Hugs hon, it isn't fun quitting and it is even less fun being around the one who is quitting. It does get better. Give it some time and he will snap out of it, when the craving starts to decrease his moods will get better. If you can hang in there through this rough patch then you are one tough women!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When my S/O quit I usually just would steer clear of him and let him get it out of his system. You just have to let them go and ignor their being crabby and moody, just pretend you don't notice it if you can. I know it's hard and I wasn't a smoker, and my S/O quit more than once. The last time was when he had open heart surgery, cold turkey, and no problems at all, just quit. He was in the Hosp. for 2 weeks and was so sick neither of us had cigarettes on the mind. I hope he makes out OK and you too, it's a very addicitve habit, and I for 1 am glad I never took up the habit.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2011