The dr wants to redo my ultrasound what could be wrong?

I had it done a month ago and they said everything is fine and I didnt need to come back not a month later they want me back to redo it... what could this mean?  Also please read my comment I left here

takeyla23nc

Asked by takeyla23nc at 10:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That he has a question about your due date, that you've had a growth spurt and he wants to check to make sure it's baby growing.... or about a million other things (but those two seem the most likely). He should have told you when he said he wanted to order another ultrasound. Since it's been a month it's probably not that there was anything wrong with the first one.

Good luck :)

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• They either saw something that wasn't quite right, which could be absolutely nothing so please don't worry. Or, they couldn't see something because baby wouldn't cooperate. My friend had to have hers redone because they couldn't see all of the heart, the babies arms were in the way. A month later they were able to get a clear image, and nothing had been wrong, baby was just being stubborn. Sometimes they think there's something out of place, and it turns out it was nothing. Other times baby won't allow them to see certain organs because of the position baby is in, or its limbs get in the way. I know it's easier said then done, but if it were something really bad I bet they would've brought you back sooner. Try not to worry, I'm sure everything is ok! *hugs*
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• That the doctor is good. He wants to make sure that the last formulated opinions were correct. Go ahead & stop worrying so much......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• sometimes they just want a better look, ultrasounds are very good nowadays but they still arent perfect. ive had a ton because they kept thinking they saw something on her brain and then her liver and when they did a higher definition ultrasound in an office more equipped to see things more clearly all it ended up being was shadows. im not one to talk, but try not to worry they are probably just being cautious. if you are really worried, call your doc and be firm that you NEED to know what the reasoning is to do a second one just to ease your mind. good luck mama
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My baby boy is stubborn. I've had 2 inconclusive ultrasounds so far and I am scheduled for a 3rd. Every time they try to see his face, he puts his arms or legs up and blocks it. He also refuses to get off his spine. Doctors are just doing their job, making sure your little one is growing properly.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Maybe they forgot to check for something that day.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• First off take a deep breathe im sure everything is okay but im not goin to lie tht is weird and drs dont do tht just for fun not tryin to make u worry more but im not goin to lie and say oh thts normal but maybe ur having twins or something i hope its okay and no worries but they did tht to my mom when she was prego with my sister and they found out my sister had a birth defect
    try not to stress alot easier said then done tho plz let me kno how dr vist goes!!!!
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• All of this would sound good if she didnt call the first time and say come in because the doctor wants to talk to you about something he SAW then she called back and said just come in on Monday because the dr wants to go ahead and do another ultrasound..
    takeyla23nc

Comment by takeyla23nc (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I bet everything is ok! Good Luck
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2011