im not sure

can you ask to have a c section.im scared of giving birth vagnally.i dont want to give birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Honestly it is not as bad as it seems why are you scared. If it is the pain then you can get the epi and you wont feel it. a c-section will hurt a whole lot worse. You can ask but they probally wont do it unless They have too.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had a vaginal birth and a c-section. The recovery from a c-section is so much harder....and takes way longer
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• MamaAlderman_2
    MamaA...
    Honestly it is not as bad as it seems why are you scared. If it is the pain then you can get the epi and you wont feel it. a c-section will hurt a whole lot worse. You can ask but they probally wont do it unless They have too.

because of all the stuff that happens to people after birth and the ripping and stitches and every thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• sorry hun but you know a c-section they cut you open and you get alot more stitches then you do if you rip. and if you have a good dr they will cut you before you rip. also i was cut with my daughter and yes it was painful but they give you numbing spray so it took the sting away. plus with a c-section the recovry time is alot longer then with a vaginal. I have only had a vaginal but from my sister in law and my best friend I would say I had the easy way even if I didnt have drugs.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• the stitches you get from a C section is WAY worse than a couple of disolving stitches on your hoo..you have to get the epdural if you ge a c section. get the epi an deliver naturally.. you wont feel anything..first time mom syndrome..im on my 3rd and didnt rip or anything(got the epidural w both). i didnt feel a thing with both my girls.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes, you CAN ask for a C-Section.....These days it is more and more common...It is called "To posh to push" I had to have a C-Section with my son......Once I figured out how to heal my body quicker, I didn't think it was really all that bad........I too was and still am scared of regular labor....I think it is the fear of the unknown..........now pregnant with another (19 weeks) I have been told by my OB that he will schedule another C-Section, because of the circumstances last time...I never dialated past 1/2 cm, ON pitocin!!!!! So there are not good odds that I would advance regularily this time...It is FINE by me!!! You choose what happens to your body.........I would definatley do your research though......It IS major surgery.......
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2008