Ok Christians is Sabbath necessary? Why or Why not?

Seventh Day Adventist?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes it is. It's a day for families to go to church (if they go) spend time with their families and just slow down for a day and enjoy the fruits of our labor. I need sabbath to regroup.

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• A day of rest? Absolutely.

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I am a Seventh Day Adventist and I believe it is abosloutely essential.

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• This guide has tons of scripture:

Just think about this:

It's part of the ten commandments. You don't hear anybody saying we can commit adultery or murder. Why would we be able to break the Sabbath?

In Hebrews 4:8 it says, "For if Jesus had given them rest, would he not afterward have spoken of another day." If you read the entire chapter, it's making a case for the seventh day as the Sabbath.

If you would like to know more. PM me.

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sabbath means rest... you can rest in His love, goodness and grace. When Jesus spoke about the sabbath it didn't mean taking a day off, it meant resting in Him . Jesus healed on the sabbath which was unlawful to do any kind of work. The jewish religious leaders were doing works to get into Heaven but Jesus said not to but to Love others , to rest in Him every day. So for me Sabbath is an everyday occurence when I choose to rest in Him, in His love .

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I just answered this question in the Religious Debate section. lol

Answer by popzaroo at 1:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No, the Sabbath is no longer necessary, but observing the Lord's day is necessary.  I am a Catholic

Answer by adnilm at 8:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011