For moms whose kids were born on 9/11.

My newest was born last 9/11. However, when I tell people her birthday, they give me a look of "I'm sorry". I was actually told that my daughter was going to be a trouble child because she was born on 9/11. Now I don't tell anyone when her birthday is. Have you ever gotten anything like this and what did you do or say? I AM a little offended by this, but more annoyed.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 11:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow really? i understand it was a harsh day but kids arent tainted if they are born that day! just ignore them. peoeple are just idiotic when it comes to things like that.
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 12:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We all understand that 9/11 was a sad hard time but it shouldnt mean its bad when a child is born that day.
    My grandpa died July 6th many many years ago. I went into labor that day and my mother said she will never forgive me if I gave birth that day and begged me to wait (yeah right) but my son came on the 8th so she got her wish.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• maybe just rephrase how you say her birthday. like the 11th of sept. it may sound weird. But when you say 9/11, people think of 9/11. I would be offended and annoyed too, there is no bad birthday, and i would ignore the comments, or think of a good comeback, like... not the way i raise my kids or something like that. i don't know if this helps at all....
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011