If Piper came now would she be ok and me only 36 going on 37 weeks?

baby

MarissaNeece

Asked by MarissaNeece at 1:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh i love that name lol yes 37 weeks is full term the lungs woudl be developed but it would be up to the dr if she went to the nicu
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• She may still need a little extra help, but it shouldn't be a matter of life or death. It's definitely a situation where the longer she cooks, the better....unless you're into 41 or 42 weeks, you don't want her to be overdone! ;)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Probably, but you want them to be as close to full term as possible. I know it sucks and it's painful to be this far along, but there are a few last minute things that the baby needs to develop before coming out!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• She would be Fine.....My son was born at 37 weeks, and is a beutiful, helthy 2 yr old now!!!!!!
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• She'll be fine, Piper is such a cute name!!
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 9:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Two of my baby's were induced at 38 weeks bc I had gestational diabetes....so they are ok at 37 - congrats and Piper is a beautiful name!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My son came at 35 weeks yet he was full term size. He just turned 1 and is the 95th percentile for his age. He did have an apnea moniter for 2 months but we still believe it was an unecessary thing the doctors did. I agree the name is adorable. Adn Piper should be just fine.
    ediedawn

Answer by ediedawn at 1:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008