Are there any ideas to help me distract a crying toddler who is in the process of being weaned?

i am trying to wean my 1 yr old away from breastmilk but she is crying, screaming, throwing a fit.. we watched cartoons, i rocked her, sang to her, carried her, played with her, gave her juice and other food and she is still crying. We have been at this for 2 hrs now, I ran out of ideas, and feel like I am bout to lose my mind.. plus i am the only one home.. the only other person with me is my other 2 year old daughter who has tried to help me calm her sister by giving her toys god bless her little heart! thanks!

:((

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I take you were breastfeeding ..... I only ask because you said breastmilk don't know if you are a pumper.

How long have you been weaning for? Bedtime feeding was always the one I cut out last and seems like the one they really fight in general. Did you do everything else you would normally for bedtime?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i wish i could help you but im right there with you good luck
    mommy223326

Answer by mommy223326 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Were you breastfeeding or putting your breast milk into a bottle?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i was gonna ask the same ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• breastfeeding
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think that the best way to wean, other then child led weaning, is to drop one nursing session per week. It's a little slower in the long run, but an easier method, IMO.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2011