How do you get an almost two year old understand what "leave it alone" means?

LovingLife90

Asked by LovingLife90 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You talk in a serious tone, not a baby voice. You have patience because he/she is still learning and is very forgetful at that age.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• At this age there attention span is about 20 seconds if that.......my favorites words for my daughters "ah ah no touching" lol. Patience, repeating yourself, patience, remebering they will out grow this phase...........did I say patience?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Haha I need some advice with that too. My dd is almost 2 as well and I'll say leave it alone but she doesn't understand at times or keeps doing it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• if they wont listen after saying it 3-4 times, give a light pop on thier hand. they will cry but as long as its very light, it wont do much more than get thier attention and hurt thier feelings.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• you don't lol... at 2 they are right about everything and everything is there's... you just have to be firm and get down at there level and tell them till your blue in the face... in one ear and out the other.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• mistynights is good one!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Be firm and consistent.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2011