Seriously depressed this week!!!

My husband and I haven't been able to secure a baby sitter for months - mostly due to horrible snowy weather. My mother was going to try again to come up this weekend and had to call in sick - she's been trying to come up for months to see her grandkids. My father had a bunch of surgeries and also hasn't been able to see his grandchildren in months. I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old and it's breaking my heart my parents can't see them.

Also my husband is on his last rope of being sexually frustration since I was pregnant, had a c-section, and then installed an IUD which has been making me bleed very inconveniently for the last 3 months. I'm sick of pleasing him and not getting mine, but he won't do it with me if I'm bleeding. He has been yelling at me in the middle of the night to have the IUD taken out. He wants a lot of kids, but its to the point that he'll just get snipped in order to have a sex life again. I keep telling him to just hold on. (we are in counseling)

I can't afford to go to the doctor so it's hard to get my anxiety medication. They won't up it for me or give me more than 30 day supply when I call the nurse line at the clinic.

I have the end of winter crazies so bad right now! I'm sick of feeling alone and being stranded in a town far away from friends and family. I'm having a hard time wanting the things I have right now. I just want a date night, some good sex with my husband, a hug, my hair cut, some fresh air and some anxiety meds so I can handle this better.

Anyone else want to vent their cabin fever crazies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Hugs momma!! You will make it through this. The IUD shouldn't have you bleeding for very long and if it does you need to get it checked. Send the kids to bed early and snuggle with the DH for a night. I have no cabin crazies cause I am in FL and the weather is nice. I feel for you though. Hopefully just another week or two and the weather will be better where you are!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• *hugs* just lots of *hugs*.....
    Anonymous

• hugsDh needs to be more understanding.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thank you - My IUD has been making me spot - I haven't needed anything more than a panty liner in months, but every time we have a change to be intimate you and bet I will be spotting that day! (Also can't afford to get it checked :) all the money is going to the marriage counselor)

On a positve note - my kids, who usually drive me crazy have been angels for the past couple days. I would die without the unconditional love from my babies! They are sleeping right now though and it's all I can to do not to wake up the five month old so i can snuggle his cheeks!! ....Although, he has no problem waking me up when he wants something..... :P
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think we all get cabin fever, but more so when stuck in with little ones. Not much you can do but try to get the kids to bed and try and have some time together at home as a date night if you don't have a sitter. Hubby shd be a little more understanding after all, you did give him 2 babies. I remember my S/O in the Military and we got together after abt 3 mos and I was on my period, and when I told him he said, " I don't care what your on, take your clothes off." Was gross to me, but it didn't bother him, where there is a will, there is a way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Have you thought about visiting your parents since they are having trouble coming to you? While you are there, they can watch the kids and you and your DH can have a night out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Give yourself a break, and try to love yourself more by doing things that please you, including sex.
    At first opportunity do the hairstyle change etc, so that you feel better.
    Then be supersweet to yr dh, but tell him you want some things to please you.
    REMEMBER : DEPRESSION means Pressure deep inside, from outside things that you can't change and can't control.
    FOCUS ON THE GOOD THINGS IN YOUR LIFE, AND SMILE AT YOUR DH, IT'S CONTAGIOUS !

P.S.
    Don't cut you hair, cause when we have bad hair days, we usually mess with our hair, and the results are not very good.

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Negative the roads are really bad to get to either parent's hourse. That's why they would rather come to me - none of us want the children in the car on bad icy winter roads. Maybe if I drove a volvo, but after a friend died in a car accident I have panic attacks on bad roads with the children with me. I even looked into how much the train would be because I wasn't sure if they can still run in a blizzard! It's still option two, but my husband has to work every saturday so he wouldn't be able to make the trip with me.

Lilly- everything about what you said made me feel better!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2011