19 DPO. HELP! Anyone have similar experience??

Is it possible for a HPT to give a false negative at 19 DPO? Has anyone had an HPT give a negative this far in but blood test shows positive? Just wondering the possibility. When did you get a positive blood/HPT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could have ovulated later in your cycle and a HPT won't yet be positive. I'd test again in another week and if it's still negative I'd call your doctor. HPTs are VERY accurate these days and should be able to detect the pregnancy hormone HCG the day you miss your period. All a blood test would show at this point the amount of HCG, if any, in your blood.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 11:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• So you're less than a week late? I think tests can easily be falsely negative at this point. Give it another couple of days, the retest. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008