how would you react

when you tell your doctor how much pain your in and she tells you that your going to have to deal with it for atleast 3 more weeks because they wont do any thing about it until your 41 weeks along.im in so much pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what kind of pain are you in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No one said pregnancy was comfortable honey! Most women get very uncomfortable at the end, but your doctor has to ultimately decide what's best for baby. Being induced is not something to do on a whim, any procedures you have done have their risks.

And if your already at 38 weeks, things might start on their own at anytime anyway! Have a little faith!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i cant even get up and walk to the bathroom with out crying or sitting up hurts too and she told me that if laying down all day on the couch is all that helps then thats what i have to do for the next at least 3 weeks or 4 weeks because they wont do any thing until 41 weeks and but i have no life any more.who wants to stay laying down every single day all day long doing nothing but watching tv.its making me not even want to talk to any one or any thing because i dont feel like getting up to do any thing because i cry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have to agree with Answered at 10:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 by: KatieCrandall I was in pain with my daughter. just think when your baby is out you will forget all about this. just try to relax and read you wont be able too once the baby is born. Women these days just want the easy way out well dont have a baby then because this is the easy part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Just pray that baby decides to come soon, that's all you can really do. TONS of women on here are on bedrest, and have been for months. Maybe you should talk to them and ask what they did to keep from going insane.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Well I'm probably going to get this answer kickoff but here goes...try to speak with a new DR> I know it's really late in the game but if your OB is making you WAIT until PAST your due date there is something wrong with that OB! I know after a lot of extra DR appts. with both my pregnancies that by 38 weeks you and baby would be OK to deliver.
    I'm at 38 weeks today & I feel your pain, unfort. I'm chasing a 21month I don't get to "relax much but I also know that my OB has said if I really couldn't make it until our delivery date (schedule C- due to medical reasons) she would bump up the date. Talk to a different OB!
    Renee0708

Answer by Renee0708 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yeah, i cant understand why they're making you go Past your due date..i agree w renee..they can give you vicoden if youre willing to take prescription drugs..they gave them to me 3 days before i went into labor due to pains of kidney stones
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would say your ob is smart..40-41 weeks is full term and you shouldn't want to bring your child into this world any earlier, there could be complications from being early. I would honestly worry if my ob ( not that I would have one ) wanted to take my child early, I would question not only his intelligence but his ethics. To the OP, I would just relax, take some hot baths, and drink some chammoile tea and even a glass of wine is considered safe to help you relax here and there. Good Luck and know that your doing this for your baby.

Forget-me-not

Answer by Forget-me-not at 6:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Does Tylenol help?
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Renee0708
    Renee...
    Well I'm probably going to get this answer kickoff but here goes...try to speak with a new DR> I know it's really late in the game but if your OB is making you WAIT until PAST your due date there is something wrong with that OB! I know after a lot of extra DR appts. with both my pregnancies that by 38 weeks you and baby would be OK to deliver.

i have one ob that is assigned to me but every doctors appointment i meet with a different ob and the one thats on call is the one that delivers you so if i talk to another ob then will they still have to get permission from my assigned ob?and nothing helps.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 3:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2008