Do you think younger women or women who do not want a baby...

should have to get birth control in some form? This was inspired by another post when I was reading about our taxes paying for abortion and a very wise woman said they should use some of it to pay for better sex education. lol. True. But I think if you are young, not married and do not want kids the doctor should give you the pill, an iud or something of that nature and it should be covered my medicaid or any other insurance. I bet the abortion rate would go down a lot if they did this. Why don't they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• I think birth control should be free... not like the pill, but maybe the IUC, things that pretty much 100% to work... abortions would go waaayyy down so would neglected babies...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• and i am willing to pay a little extra to help!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Me too! I don't want to pay for abortion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Just wondering why people just don't have sex if they don't want to have babies?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• That's not going to happen anonymour above me...People don't want to control themselves so we must move to the next best option. Birth Control since they have no self control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Because it infringes on a human right. I don't think ANYONE should be forced to take medication or be submitted to a medical procedure against their will. Its unethical. Where would it end? And for what its worth, there are MANY programs already available to help pay for low cost or no cost birth control to those who wish to use it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No for the IUC, if they were to get any kind of STD then they have a higher rate of problems like loosing their ability to have any children ever.
    the patch, depo, or just condoms I would put money in. I also VERY much support better sex ed. Teens are very obviously not getting enough of it. They should all be required to take care of one of those electric babies that cry. Then they should also have to live a day in the life of a teen mom or just a mom. I know that would have made me more careful and put baby making off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think birth control should be extremely easy to come by, and very easy to afford if not free, but I don't think it should be mandatory. I don't want a dozen more kids, but I don't use birth control (hormonal) and never will again.

I do NOT understand pharmacists who cite pro-life beliefs as reason not to dispense birth control or pro-life people who want to ban birth control. Do you know what happens when birth control is unavailable or inaccessible? Abortion. That's what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ginger I did not say force. I meant as in they should all be evaluated and asked immediately after they start having sex if they want a baby and if they want birth control and when they walk out of that office they WILL have the birth control. Implanon is a good IUD. It goes in your arm and lasts a few years so no worries and can be removed when you are ready. The only people who shouldn't have it is if they are prepared and willing to raise a child or people smart enough to practive abstaining from sex. I am pro life and I think we should have the right to use birth control. That's just gay...BC is not killing a baby and ending their life it is preventing it from ever happening so basically there is no life in the first place. People who go as far as not dispensing it are wack!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm afraid of birth control pills because they have to many side effects for example strokes and blood clots! I would prefer to get my ovaries tied or something, that shiould be free too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2008