Need help on a traffic citation. Please!!!

Okay so my DH has NEVER been pulled over. He has always been a great driver. Well not but 20 minutes ago he was on his way home from lunch, and was pulled over in front of our home. The Cop immediately started yelling at him for no reason! I was standing on the porch and could hear him yelling. Yelling to roll down the window even though it was already down. Telling him that he ought to have the car towed..... and that DH was lucky he didn't pull him out of the car, cuff him and make him sit in the rain til the whole issue was resolved. Honestly what in the world is wrong with this Cop? and could he have done those things for no reason at all? DH wasn't yelling, back talking or even being rude. Now for the citation. The cop said DH was tailgating and going 40 in a 35mph zone. We live 4 houses from the corner. Once you turn that corner you don't have enough road to get up to 40 before you reach our house. So I know that wasn't true. What can I do? DH has a court date March 21. I need to know how to go about dealing with this, because the cop was treating my DH very unfairly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The cop might have been following a little longer than just in your neighborhood. The cop might have been mad and frustrated at your dh that he didnt see him right away and pull over. Your dh just needs to tell the judge what happened on his court date. That's the best advice I can give. Hope that helps. Good luck.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• DH has to LITERALLY drive down 3 streets from work. He said the Cop got behind him on the second street, but that he didn't think he was doing anything wrong anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I know cops are really into getting their quota for the day. But it sounds like he was rude. If it is his first citation, it may get thrown out. I heard that if you have never had a traffic citation, that when you get your first, it can get thrown out. Why didn't you go to the police station and file a complaint?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I didn't know I could file a complaint with no proof? Thanks ladies. I hope it does get thrown out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• report the police officer to his supervisor for harassment; did any of your neighbors here this in case you need witnesses? Get comments from them also if you can and have them date and sign it; some cops are just a**holes I have 2 that live across the street from me and when we need any kind of help do you think they will help?!!?? NO!!
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2011