Pregnant and sick... only only two words for this.... this sucks...

i've been sick for a week now and it's killing me this cough just wont go away.. i'm in ugh about this.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 12:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I love when you call the doctor pleading for some kinda relief and they suggest tylenol. I swear I never will take another tylenol in my life!!! I keep coughing and it won't stop. I am 24 weeks so don't really know what I can take.. basically nothing that would help. OH I would love some nyquil right about now..
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• you can take robatissum and bynadryl
    Lynnsae

Comment by Lynnsae (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yep, Robitussin DM is safe for coughs while pregnant. Tylenol may help with headaches you get from coughing. For congestion, Sudafed is safe. Benadryl is really more for allergies, as it's an antihistamine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• my doctor said regular robitussin and childrens benadry allergy..but also to help coughs you dont want a cough drop cuz of the alcohol content but you can try peppermint candy it helps and dont suck in and sniffle just blow your nose so all that stuff you are coughing from comes out otherwise you will just keep it around even longer
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I use natural cough drops when I have a bad cough.. they help. Or jolly ranchers..
    mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I was sick for the last 3 months with previous pregnancy. So much so that my stomach hurt so much from the coughing and then contracting that I had to get an epidural. I wanted to do it naturally like I did for my first....

summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 10:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Call your OB & ask what you are allowed to take
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2011