Why is it that the Military doctors/hospitals are always late on the new technology? (didnt know what category to put this in)

They have all this new technology out these days, but if you go into a military hospital, they're still doing it the old way. I'm planning on calling Tricare tomorrow to see if they cover the "no needle" Vasectomy...i mean i want my husband to get one, but for him to have no pain would be great.

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My dad was in the Army, I know military healthcare is a pain!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Be grateful you have it. And since when is a vasectomy something you have to have? It is considered selective surgery and we shouldn't have to pay for it.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Actually Vasectemy is a birth control method and those are permittable procedures on base.

And considering the average military personell makes 25% LESS than a civillian doing his job AND OHH BY THE WAY, protecting this NATION Don't EVEN START with this debate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Thought the military healthcare system is a bit of a pain, I personally am not going to nitpick over something like that because it could be different. We could have to deal with what civilians have to go through battling their insurance companies, paying out of pocket, having to worry if a blood test is authorized by them.
    Just be grateful for what you have. My husband was cut and snipped just like the rest of them, numbed and given Vicodin. He recovered just fine with absolutley no ill effects. There are insurance companies that won't even cover vasectomies anymore.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 by: Anonymous
    Thought the military healthcare system is a bit of a pain, I personally am not going to nitpick over something like that because it could be different. We could have to deal with what civilians have to go through battling their insurance companies, paying out of pocket, having to worry if a blood test is authorized by them.

um, i don't know about you, but we pay for our insurance from our pocket...so if you're not, please, i would love to know how.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008