Three red spots on my 2 year old son's face and extreme irritability?

For the past two days, my son has been really hateful, grumpy, and throwing constant tantrums which is very unlike him. I just assumed it was the terrible twos hitting hard. Then after a nap today he woke up with two red circles on his face. Then as the day went on another one faintly showed up on his forehead. Now, he is waking up calling my name and yelling. He was signing diaper so I changed him but it was hardly wet. It has been over an hour now and he is still awake in his bed whining every once in a while. Not in a painful scream, but just upset cry. The spots don't seem to bother him when touched. I can not figure out what is wrong! Anyone have any advice? This is so unlike him.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• Call his pediatricians answering service and request a call back from whoever is on call.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We just moved and don't have a doctor yet. He has started throwing up and signing his tummy hurts. The red spots aren't as bright as they were earlier.
    bluelady27

Comment by bluelady27 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Bladder infection, or ear infection
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 4:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011