How do i stop biting my nails

ive been biting my nails for as long as i can remember and im 23 now and ive tried to stop an have made it about a month, but its the way my nails grow that makes me bite them, also being nervous, scared, irritated or just even being bored sometimes and its getting annoying. i bite them sometimes until there is nothing left of my nails and then they hurt idk wut to do any suggestions?

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• You need to stop, no doubt about it. replace that habit with another one. Every time you want to bite. find something else to do. Chew gum or a mint. Paint your nails or get them professionally done so that it wont be as tempting.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• chewing gum ive tried, painting my nails tired and neither or those work for me i still bite them, ive even tried to put stuff i dont like on my nails and it doesnt seem to work either and getting them prof done kinda works but i got to have the money to do them and keep up with them cuz i dont bite them
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Well, I'm 28 & I "grew out of it" a few years ago, lol.

Some of the things that helped me were: keep a nail file with you so if they get uneven, start to break, etc you can file instead of biting. Also, invest a lot of time and a little bit of money into some nail polish (clear if you don't want to wear colors) & some nail strengtheners, cuticle oil, etc, & spend some time keeping your nails in good health & looking nice. You may be discouraged from biting with polish on them (eww, nail polish flakes taste yucky, lol).

Good Luck
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Nail polish remover on your fingers
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 4:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011