Neglected?

My dh comes home and he's more interested in his phone tv and computer. Most of the time when he gets home he's reading the newspaper messing with his phone while eating dinner after that he goes and watches tv or goes on the computer. I feel negected. Anyone else have this at home/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• sexyI would speak up to your dh. Maybe get his attention by wearing lingerie in front of his tv. Put a pic of yourself wearing it on his computer's wallpaper, and do the same for the cell phone's background lol.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No. When we sit down to dinner, we sit down to dinner. No phones, books, etc. allowed at the table. I'm the type of woman that I wouldn't think twice about grabbing that phone, etc. and tossing it out on the front lawn. But that's me.

He needs to pull his head out of technology and spend some time with his family...
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• you need to talk to him cause that's not right right... i'm sorry your are going trough this but there should be no phones at the dinner table that's for one.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yep, my hubs has ALWAYS been very much into his computer. There are times when the computer gets more attention than I do. At first it used to bother me, and I did talk to him about it and we did come up with a compromise. He could do computer for X time and then after that we would have some 'us' time. I have also learned to occupy myself when he is at the computer-- I use that time to do things that I want.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• my hubby is a tech so that tends to turn into a problem sometimes. We have "the talk" and reason through it. I always speak up though, dont just let it go, share your feelings on the subject
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If you don't want electronics at your dinner table, that's great. I believe that dinner should be without electronics as well. Why don't you take it a step further. Why don't you designate a time, like dinner through the next two or three hours so all of you can have some family time together. If you don't want to do that every night, do it two or three times a week. These days that's all people think about. But, it is up to us as moms to get our families together and do something together. At least you will get to know each other a little better.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't have that problem, never have and hope I never do. I would speak up..that isn't right!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Same deal at my house! My husband comes home after working a very physically demanding job and I try to give him an hour to just unwind...usually he plays Call of Duty and has a beer. But getting him to stop, spend time with me and our son and help with dinner, bathtime and bedtime....that's a battle in itself. I feel like I shouldn't have to ASK him to do these things, he should want to help since I try so hard to give him what he needs. Men are just men I guess? I've had many discussions with him about this and right now we're actually in the middle of a big fight about this subject. I tried a new approach this time and left him for 2 days, took our son and went to my girlfriend's house to prove i'm serious about him changing his attitude. I wish you luck, this is a hard one!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• PLEASE TRY to change your routine, so as to inspire him to change. Men may not respond well to our talking, they consider it nagging and complaining anyways !

Soooo:
    Wear something SEXY, fix your hair, wear perfume, and wait for him to come from work. DON'T SHOW EMOTIONS LIKE SENSITIVITY, EXPECTATIONS, ETC.
    BE RELAXED. Greet him with a warm smile, AS CONFIDENT AS YOU CAN, as if you're a gorgeous Air-Hostess, with
    no air of routine or "prepared for the worse : More Neglect".

If he responds to your BODY LANGUAGE, you're there !
    If he starts his cell phone and old games, don't show emotions. Just indifference.
    WAIT for 10 minutes, and give a buzz to your sister or best friend to have THEM CALL YOU DURING DINNER.
    Make him WONDER who's on the phone.
    Tell them to read you a joke and tell you really funny things, to GET HIS ATTENTION.
    Smile, play your act. You'll make him turn his head anyway !!! GOOD LUCK
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My husband is the same way comes home from work and sits on the computer till it's time for bed. Even on his days off he is on the computer from morning till night. Well at least he isnt out in the bars. But sometimes it is annoying because we dont do anything together anymore.
    shiffy2

Answer by shiffy2 at 7:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011