Ladies i need your input i just found out i am going to be a grandma for the first time!!!!

Names ,ideas,any advice i am so excited!

grismelda

Asked by grismelda at 12:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Baby Names

• Okay so I am not a grandparent but I have two sons ages 4 and 4 months. My first child was my inlaws first grand child. My advice is not to try to push your parenting on your kids. Just because u done it a certain way when you were raising your kids does not mean they feel the same way. As long as they are being good parents thats all that matters. (advice is fine but one time is enough do't keep pushing)..As far as names goes my two boys names are Hunter and Evan and IF we eve have a girl it will be Kylie nicole. Hope this post sound rude or anything I am just talkin from experience. Congrats!! Enjoy that new grand baby!!!!
    BlessedMommy28

Answer by BlessedMommy28 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• thank you so much.I appreciate your views as i have been in your shoes too as a parent with in-laws who thought they knew more and better ways thank you again!!
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Congratulations!!!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You will have sooo much fun----better than being a MOM because you can return them----just remember that this is not your child and they don't have to follow your advice---actually, it is better to wait til they ask for it than just give it----learn to bite your tongue----hope you get to spend tons of time with the new one.
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 7:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Learning to bite your tongue is key! ;) I have three grandchildren and I have only offered advice when asked. It makes a difference if you are the mom of the new mom or the new dad too. If it is your daughter and you are close you will have a lot more involvement than if this is your son's baby. Although it depends on each family's relationships. I have seen it go both ways. And don't offer name advice unless asked. Get some meds for a sore tongue!!!!!!!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't want to sound so negative. I hope it didn't come across that way. Offer to help in anyway possible and enjoy this special, precious, time!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It is there place to name the baby but if they ask for suggestions, offer help but remember they may not always follow your advice and enjoy the new baby :) Congrats !!!
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Thank you all so much!!
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• my favorite grandparent names are NeeNee and PoPo, maybe i'm crazy
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Congratulations! :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011