Baby shower ideas!

Just found out i am going to be a grandma!!!

grismelda

Asked by grismelda at 12:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congrats! You gotta have pin the diaper on the baby(like pin the tail on the donkey) and get the M&M's that are white and pink or white and blue. Then you have ppl guess what the baby will weigh and put $1(or more) into a baby bottle and whoever guesses closest gets the bottle!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Congrats! I love the idea of having a tea party. With some nice violets and flowers, nice dishes, linens, etc. In my mind it would be shabby chic. =) Very feminine, very dainty. And seriously how often after the child arrives are you going to be able to pull the dishes out and do something like this again? =)

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Those were all my own ideas btw, except the M&M's
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• congratulations
    what time of year will the baby shower be in...weather will dictate if it'll be indoors or outdoors
    we had ours out doors and did it picnic themed.
    My mom planned it. She did all finger foods, chips and dip, sliced fruits adn veggies, cheese. And then just bottled water and some soda. We played 3 games. The pin game, the guss mommies belly size game, and then guess how many cotton balls game.
    mingled for about an hour and a half. Ate at the same time, every one was free to pick at food whenever. And then we did cake and presents simultaneously. My color theme was green, blue and brown for a boy
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Also, sorry to double post, but in my mind it would be outside, not inside. Spring is coming up and what a perfect time to do something outside in the gorgeous weather!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Wow ladies how did you know i collected tea cups!What a wonderful ideas Baby will come in October! Thank you all so much!!I am truly blessed this day,my best to all of you!!
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yay congrats!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• One of the nicest showers I ever went to was just appetizers. There were some set out for guests as they arrived and then several passed around while the gifts were opened. Then cake and sweets after the gifts. Make sure the mom-to-be gets some as she is opening presents. Congrats!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011