What is our kids gonna go thru when they get older??

I heard about a 15 yr old boy got the hell beat out of him at a bus stop from some gang members. They beat him up so badly that the boys jaw was broken 3x. The only way that will happen is if the gang member was kicking the kid while he was down on the ground. What made it even worse is when the bus got to the location, the kids on that bus LAUGHED at the poor kid!!!!! That made me soooooo angry!! The bus driver kicked those kids off right then and there. Needless to say those kids had to call their parents to pick them up and bring them to the school. Then unbelievably, those parents actually bitched to the principal about what the school bus driver did. I personally wish the waas something that could be done to those kids who laughed at this boy! He is still in intensive care, and his doctor told the press that he will likely will have to wire the boys mouth shut so he can heal. The gang members were between the ages of 14 to 18 yrs old. One has been caught at last broad cast, there other 3 are still missing. The D.A. is looking to charge the kids with assault and battery, and attempted murder on the person who kicked the boy in the head. The detectives have shoe prints from the boy's head, and only have one set of those prints which means whoevers shoe matchs these prints will be the one charged.

PS..those kids were were kicked off about a mile or so from school in a neighborhood.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I do know when my DD is older she is going into Martial Arts not only to learn about self discipline but for me to feel better that she could be able to defend herself!!

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• honestly stuff like this has happened probably since the dawn of time. except now we have words like "gang" we have a bigger media "the TV" and we are less tolerant of violence. But in all reality this type of brutality has gone on even in our young country since the begining, think about our countries history. The best you can do is raise your DD to be the best perso she can be and while you can protect her then do so.

I was attacked at a bus stop once too, by a grown man. A sex offender who had been watching me for weeks I guess. I got away. Some aren't so lucky. Best way to avoid those dangers are simply drop your kid off at school, if they have to walk from point A to B alone provide her with mace, and a little self defense couldn't hurt any.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Well in all honesty it starts in the home. Those kids had some very lazy parents who didn't care about them or anyone else. They are old enough to know better too and should be tried as adults. They should be thrown out of school, not just the bus. Regular innocent kids shouldn't be scared to go to school everyday. School is for an education. Those kids should be locked up somewhere or going to a school that is for troubled kids. If that were my child that was beaten up I would be suing each and every parent of the kids that were abusive. I would make some new changes in the legal system and publicly go around and make it known what bullies do and the signs to look for. I would change schools for my child or homeschool if it looked like the same problem would happen at another school.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The parents of the gang members absolutely need to be held accountable to their kids. Even if u might not be the brightest or the most observant of parents, but u will know that your kid is in a gang. Even if they work all day long, and I don't care about the rest of u saying that might be true, it is. I worked long enough in my prior job to know that when a kid enters a gang their whole personality will change, they will be more disrespectful to their parent/s, start wearing certain colors, suddenly have more money even if they are not working, staying out all night, or even not coming home at all.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Stories like this, make me thankful that we live in a big city

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• That is so sad to hear. What is our world coming to? For people (kids) to laugh at someone else's misfortune.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011