Does anyones child sweat excessivly?

My 3 year old boy sweats like a grown man.... Does anyone elses child have this problem? What do I do for it and how do I control the smell?

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 1:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not sure, but here's a bump for you.
    I would imagine because he's sweating so profusely that you need to make sure he's hydrated! Keep pushing the fluids! xo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 1:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have six kids and one gets VERY strong body odor and very sweaty. I give him deodorant soap to wash with, but it's annoying. I have to wash his clothes twice sometimes, just to get them smelling clean, and have to sun his towel and bedding often. I don't think it's a medical issue though.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes. my ds has done it since birth. The numerous doctors I have asked have no idea why. He only does it while he's sleeping and he doesn't do it every night. He sweats very easily while playing too. He's 6 years old and healthy as can be so I guess everything's ok. His dad(dh) sweats easily but not while sleeping. My nearly 3 year old dd can't sweat for anything lol not even when it's 90 degrees outside.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Maybe he is hot natured. My son is. Have you tried any deodorant? It might help the smell. My son has been using it for a long time.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My 4 year old boy sweats easily. He doesn't get body odor, but he can get a salty smell. He is very active and always on the go but seems to sweat sooner and more profusly than his friends. I've talked to 3 peds about it and they don't seem to worried. They all say some people sweat more than others.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 1:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My oldest son sweat a lot.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2011