Have u ever loaned someone money and they've never paid you back ?

liarhow much was it ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Oh yes!!!! But I have learned my lesson!!
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yes but it was only 6 bucks. I really didn't care that it was paid back but when you say "I will pay you back" even if I never asked for it to be paid back, I expect it to be paid back now.

I don't ever give money anymore with the intentions of getting it back. I have basically realized only honest peope will pay you back and thats just that. The 6 buck s I lent out was so she could get food until her food stamps came in. Like I said I didn't care, but you can bet when she asked to borrow a bigger sum of money so she could pay rent I rejeted her even though I could have, I then knew her definition of 'borrow' and I can't afford to giveaway that much money.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• nope but if I did I wouldn't expect to see it paid back. Rule of thumb: Don't loan out what you can't afford to see GIVEN out.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yes i have 900.00 and I never got paid back and now i will never loan anyone again! That was the topping of the cake of 10 here to someone 30 to someone else... It got on my nervous
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 1:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I loaned 200 dollars to a friend who said she was going to get evicted. She swore she would pay it back after she finished school...but she never did........plus I loaned out my car....
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I "loaned" my little sister $200 last year and knew I would never see it again. Then I just loaned her and my other sister $100 each and am doubtful that I will get it back from either of them. But from now on the Bank of SleepingBea... is CLOSED!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My DH loaned a friend of his $250 (I said ok) and he never paid it back. It was only $250 and we had the money. I never expected him to really pay it back or else I wouldn't have loaned it to him. The worst part is that he took off and we never heard from him again. His friendship was more important than some stupid $250. I don't know whether to be mad that he didn't pay us back or to be mad that he took off.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I loaned an ex and his friend $380, and it's been about 10-11 years and no sign of repayment. lol I kind of knew at the time that I'd never see that money again, but oh well.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My children... every week....

All together, they probably owe me thousands....

I stopped counting, and stopped worry about it.

LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yeah- but I don't think it was ever more than $20. We don't loan money out anymore though. If we have money to give, will give- if not then too bad.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2011