Can you be a Christian and believe in other things........

Can you be a Christian, and still believe in acceptance of every religion and person? Is it okay to believe in Jesus but also follow a nature based following.

Why does it seem that Christianity is one of the religions that are the most judgmental, yet it teaches you to love your neighbor. I'm not looking for people who bash religion if you don't believe in it, just move on to the next question...thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I believe you can be a Christian AND be inclusive and/or pluralistic in your views. And just so you know, you can RESPECT other people and their beliefs without necessarily 'accepting' them as your own, if that makes sense. I think every person has to find the path that's right for them, whether that includes one religion, a blending of many religions and philosophies, or even no religion.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• From what I get from the people that call themselves Christians is, that they play by their own rules. You made a good point about loving thy neighbor......what happened to that?
    God doesn't hate the sinner, he hates the sin. He loves all His children and will always be there for them if they but seek Him out.
    We should each love one another like God loves each of us, but people get derailed with ugly things such as gossip and pride. I'm not even close to perfect, we all have struggles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I believe you can believe in any thing you want. Some Santa some god and so forth .
    Its your hope and faith on what ever it is that you give in to
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 1:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You can be a Christian and follow Jesus and be non-judgemental. That's what Christians are supposed to do, as outlined in the Bible. That doesn't mean that you have any other gods in your life. You can't follow 2 religions. It says clearly in the 10 Commandments-"Thou shall not have any other gods before me." With that being said, you can accept that a person has a different religion of course. Doesn't mean you follow it or believe in it though. Just means you love that person and respect them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Christinaity was formed after a lot of other religions. Therefore some beliefs where derived from other religious beliefs. If you need to incorporate your own way to believe in your god - then it's fine. So if you believe in Jesus and God, but also believe the world is a bigger place, I don't see anything wrong wth that.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No, you cannot follow 2 religions. It's not possible. You can be a Christian and still respect other views, but you cannot follow another belief. Loving thy neighbor has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with loving and accepting the person but you don't have to follow the belief that person has.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Do you have to BE Christian for some reason?

Go with what makes sense to YOU, beilieve what feel right to YOU. No one can tell you what that is- but if you love Jesus and also a nature based belief , what's wrong with that if it feels right to you...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2011