Losing Faith

I've always been a christian and I've prayed about many things...but here lately I feel like there is just no point any longer. I don't know why I'm dealing with this. I'm married to a man who has more mood swings then anyone I have EVER seen, but I depend on his income plus my own. I just feel like no matter how hard I pray things just never get any better. My DH is out of town on business and I spoke with him around 8 pm....he was all nice and pleasant....then he called around 11 pm cussing me out.....WTF is that all about. I just question faith...WTF is real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think sometimes no matter what your religion is, that you have to make your own decisions. I am a firm believer that God/the Divine, will help you but that he/she will not make your life better. That is left up to you. If you are in a situation where you truly pray for guidance and nothing has come to you yet, maybe you are asking for the wrong thing, or you just aren't looking for what's right in front of your eyes. He/She will give you the tools to make your life good, you just have to follow the queue's. Good Luck...Blessed Be.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm not trying to be rude, but....Do you only have faith when you see the miracles that you want to see? God works in his own time, and gives us blessings that He sees fit to give us. If you are low on money and are praying for more, it's not just going to come, and it might not even be money you get. It may come in the form of clothes given to you because you don't have the money to buy your DD new ones. Do you lose your faith when things get tough in your life? Your faith should be increasing when challenges arise. You should rely more on God and remind yourself of everything good you have in your life. We have to do our part. If your husband is having mood swings, it's time to be proactive. He needs counseling...there is more there than "mood swings", some thing's causing it. You have to assert your right to be respected. "don't call me if you are just going to cuss me out" and if he does, you hang up...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• One thing about prayer is that not only is it a time to ask for divine help, but it is also a time to listen to what you are saying in your prayers, and try to figure out what you can do to help your own situation along. Sometimes you get the answer in a black and white way. More often than not however, either you realize something and fix it on your own, or you find the answer indirectly. For example. I disliked this house I was living in, and I was worried about finances. A few weeks later I was going through a feng shui book I'd picked up a few years prior. I decided to change some things around in my house. I only made small changes, but one of them was keeping money in our "money" area of the house. We moved our piggy bank there. Soon we had a whole gallon jar, then two gallons. We took in the change twice. The first time it was $50. The next time it was over $200. That's just an odd change we did after a prayer.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 2:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• So, what does that have to do with you? Well, it may just be time for you to make some changes. Maybe they'll be small ones, but if you make them, over time, you will have the large change you are looking for. When we moved our piggy bank, I started noticing I was now making a conscious effort to put all our change into the jar. Before, I did it when I remembered. Maybe if you find a good "relationship" spot in your house (only for example) and you put a happy photo of you and your husband there, it will remind you of things that the two of you like, and you can talk about those things together. Or maybe the change you need is one that means separation for you two...only time will tell. But listen to your prayers, and start listening for the answers...they're out there, waiting for you.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 2:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You have to make changes in your life. No "god" can help you do that. People have got to learn the difference. Wake up and change. If you can't change it then leave it be. So many of us pray for our own selfish needs. I don't believe in prayer per say but sending out good vibes and knowing in my heart everything will work out.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Some of the most holy and faith filled people on this earth have had long and painful periods of feeling like you. Take inspiration from this and I will be praying for you
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• What the christians seem to be telling you is to resign yourself to being miserable. My sense is that your husband is one of two things--a drug addict (probably an alcoholic) or a schizophrenic bipolar personality. Either way, he needs treatment and it isn't safe for you to be around him. Praying to god is like standing in front of a brick wall and pleading for an answer. I know. I did it for 30 years. Get off your duff. Call your local battered women's shelter. And find out what you can do to get away from him--even if it's just a temporary separation to give you time to think things through. There aren't any gods to do it for you. You have to take your life back yourself. Or follow the christian's advice and keep being miserable until your faith finally dies a proper death.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Your faith should give you the strength to make the changes that you need to improve yourself and your family- it should give you the strength to know that this is not alright and that its OK to seek help, demand better treatment, whatever it is- your faith should not be used to keep you in a miserable situation- that is guilt and its not faith and its not healthy- best of luck to you and I hope it gets better-you deserve it!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Are you basing your faith on your husband or on God.. where is your focus.. on circumstances or God. Who are you taking care of him or you... who are you trying to change him or you?

Faith is the evidence of the things not seen but hoped for. When we are at a place on the edge of the cliff that is when the truth comes out on what you truly believe in. For me I am at the cliff and my belief is that God will provide in ways He sees fit, God will have my back and His love and goodness is everlasting! It is a scary place to be and if your knees are shaking.. good they should be, it enables you to lean back into His arms of love and let Him do the rest! Faith and trust go hand in and...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Oh and how you pray makes a HUGE difference.. If you prayers are Lord God change him... then change that prayer to Lord God change me If your prayers are Lord God help me get out of this mess change it to Lord show me what I need to do as I follow you.
    If your prayer is Lord if you do this I will do that... stop it...
    The best prayer He answers is Lord Have your way in me and teach me how to love!
    Your goal is to focus on your relationship with God and let God take care of your husband. Deal with you first.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011