Any one else where contacts??

I just started wearing contacts last month for astigmatism ...Hate them! They are always so dry . I put them in right & use drops but still they just suck . They are the expensive brand. Any one else have this problem?

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• I have astigmatisim in both eyes but I don't wear contacts specifically for that. I wear contacts that are super hydrated though that I can sleep in and throw away after 30 days. What brand are you using because I plan on going to the eye dr next week or so and I wanted to get astigmatism contacts because I can't see numbers and letters all that great anymore. I HATE dry contacts too.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• what brand do u wear
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Re-soak lenses during the day: People who have dryness symptoms after a few hours of wearing time often experience much relief by removing and soaking their lenses for a few minutes. Upon reinsertion, most are able to wear their lenses comfortably for many more hours
    You can re-soak your lens for a few mintues in the solution u have to clean them, and u should be fine for a couple more hours. O u can get the .rewweting drops. Opti clear is another idea u can use, if u haven't already have it. Do you use Acuvue??
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have astigmatism and wear contacts all the time. I don't have a problem with them, when they dry I just use a couple renu eye drops and they're fine again.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 3:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i had to change brands because mine stayed dry all the time.
    lucasmommy503

Answer by lucasmommy503 at 3:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I know that, but what company that makes the contact? There are numerous brand u can get now that might better. As for sleeping in them?
    That is the more likely that this is drying your contacts. There ar many eye docs that say its a bad if u go to sleep them cause the contacts are are not getting of oxygen cause your eyes are closed, even the one that say u can sleep in them.
    The are also a brand called " Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism Contact Lenses. I just have the regular brand of those, I they feel really good. Eyes were not dry or anything.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• go o the acuvue web site Acuvue.com and can get 5 day free lenses to see if u will like them, and not having to spend the money.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't wear special contacts for my astigmatism. My contacts get really dry when I'm really tired though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yep, now I just wear glasses
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 4:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011