Do you think it's ok to post pics of your small children in open forums?

I asked this on FB the other day.....because a person had posted a pic of their son....2 years old standing up naked in the bathtub. I asked about the properness of all the child molesters....etc.....being able to sit in front of their computer and staring openingly at these children. And I remarked that I would never post a pic of my small children nowadays.

whisper4evernmo

Asked by whisper4evernmo at 2:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I made it a point to not have any nude pics of my kids, not even at the house. There are 2 or 3 of ds when he was born nude because the hospital had regulations about "identification". Whatever. Like you can't tell the difference in one baby to the next by their face and other features? It made me really mad. Anyways, I don't think its appropriate imo.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I blur or crop genitals. I think butts are appropriate up til maybe 24 mos. Butt crack is cute til 6yrs or so, soggy and sagging swim trunks. I think dif. people have dif. views on nude photos. My daughter is 4.5 yrs and I still post an occasional bathtub photo. No genitals, possible nipple but usually covered in bubbles (hence the point of the picture) if someone chooses to look at her as a sexual thing instead of my daughter, they better hope we never cross paths. but we wont, since my facebook is pretty locked up
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• depdns on the photo. On this site my avatar is me and my son.
    on FB all of my photos are private, so only select friend can see them, I don't put any nude photos on line, not even photos where my son has a shirt off, although I think my SO has one where my sons shirt is off when he was a few months old.

I also don't take pics of my son where we can see genitals. for instacne. I have a couple pics in our album of him isttnig in the bath, completelty surrounded by bubbles. He is technically naked, but you can't see anything, and they aren't online, just in his baby book
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No I wouldnt post pictutres showing off my childrens genitals. Just wearing a diaper or swimsuit is fine though IMO. But I also don't think I have any child molestors as friends on facebook.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have posted a picture of my son when he was about 1 1/2 he took his diaper off in the middle of the night and threw it and fell asleep spread out naked.. i thought it was hilarious and wanted to share it with my friends.. but before i put it up on my fb i went in and edited the photo and put a black box over his genitals.. i dont think there was any thing wrong with how i did it.. but i did delete the actual picture from my camera and computer and just kept the one with the box covering him up.
    meagan1088

Answer by meagan1088 at 3:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Thats wrong n should b reported on facebook.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My kids are teens, and honestly, there are no pictures of them or of any of my family on here. Also, while we do post pictures on facebook (obviously, at the age they are, there's no doubt that they aren't going to be nude pics...), all of our pictures are set to friends only. However, I also understand that even if it's set to friends only, those friends could still copy the picture, or tag people in it, etc. so....

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i personally wouldnt theres too many weirdos out there
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Posting normal pictures of your kids or family members clothed is ok. But the nude ones. No.

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2011