My DH is getting his CPS/County report back from when he was a minor, he is now 24 and is nervous as to what he will find out, what do I do for him?

He has 5 siblings all of which have been thru the foster system. None are really clear as to why they were put in foster care because they were all so young.

My DH-was 2 when he first got taken away, his older brother was 4...they stayed together basically the whole time
Little bro 1...got taken away at a young age, is 4 years younger than DH, and was back and forth from foster care and grandparents
little sis 1 lived with dad since tot years
little bro 2 and little sis 2 both had fetal issues. One fetal alcohol syndrome and one born with a chromosomal disorder and got adopted out.

my DH's mom died when he was 12. The youngest was months old.
He has finally sought out the truth behind these unfortunate circumstances. He hasnt even told his siblings, not even the one's of age, that he has this info coming to him. It's in the mail now and on it's way/ It's both his files and the passed-moms file.

what do I do?
I am nervous for him
his child hood is such a mystery to him. I jst dont want him to be hurt any more than he already has been .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree, be supportive of him and be there for him, and reassure him that, no matter what he finds out (honestly, it's obviously not going to be good things, since they were all removed), but just remind him that he was a child, and had no control over the circumstances, so it is NO reflection on him! That, if anything, he should be proud, because in spite of growing up in a situation like this, he's still a wonderful man that you love - that, good or bad, his past has made him into the man that you know, love, and admire!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just be supportive. Be there for him and understand if he doesn't want to talk about what he reads..
    mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 3:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yea, just be their for him.

Answer by louise2 at 6:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• he is going to need support. because it could be anything and he needs to know that he is loved.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2011