Unsure on pregnancy..

Well my last day of my last period was january 26.. me and my husband had protected sex on the 1st of feb but some did spill out on to me.. i thought nothing of it but a week after sex i started to spot and it freaked me out but then it stopped.. then a week after i stopped that spotting i started spotting again this time for a little over a week and it wasnt as heavy as a period but it was heavier thanthe first spotting.. the week that i was spotting i was extreamly emotional.. now im tired all the time.. moody.. everything makes me want to throw up.. and i started to have a lot of discharge (clear no smell) so for obvious reasons i thought i was pregnant but i took 3 tests and all came back negative. about a year ago my dr said i had gotten pelvic inflamatory disease from the iud i had in and they told that even though it was all taken care of next time i got pregnant it would most likely be an ectopic pregnancy..
So at the end of that long explanation I'm really wondering would an ectopic pregnancy show up a negative on a pregnancy test.. and if so how would i know if thats what it is if all tests come back negative..

meagan1088

Asked by meagan1088 at 3:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• omg goodness girl. That is definitely something you should have asked your DR. about if it was not clear.
    An ectopic pregnancy can kill you! Basically, what it means is that your fertilized egg doesn't make it out of the fallopian tube and the baby will start to grow in the tube which can lead to a rupture of your tube and can cause some serious problems. if not death if left untreated. Also, the baby has no chance of survival :(

As far as I know if you are pregnant ectopic or not- you should have it show up in a pregnancy test, as these are looking for the HCG hormone and that's what every woman produces when they are pregnancy. Typically though it takes 3-4 weeks for this hormone to build up enough in your system to show up on a pregnancy test. The best way to make sure is to go to the dr and have a blood test done. Also- get on BC asap. You do not want to take anymore spill out chances in this serious matter. Good luck!
    SecretPsychic

Answer by SecretPsychic at 3:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My ectopic pregnancy show up positive and I was about 6 or 7 weeks along. I found out it was ectopic because I had horrible backache and started bleeding. I thought I was having a miscarriage so I went to my ob and found out it was ectopic.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 4:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm waiting on my dr to get me in they always take forever to get a apt.. im trying to find a dr who will tie my tubes so i wont have to have any kind of scare any more but luck isnt going my way so far all the drs i goto will only give me one month of bc at a time and expect me to go back for office visits to get a new perscription.. it was too time consuming and expensive having to have my husband take time off so i could go to the dr and pay the dr visit and for the pills..
    meagan1088

Comment by meagan1088 (original poster) at 4:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Dh could get a vasectomy. It's easier all the way around for a guy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My friend was preg and it was in her tubes she tooks a bunch of test and it came back neg she went to the doc and they said it was stuck in her tubes so go to the doc
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 7:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• So when does the tube pregnancy get really dangerous? I'm about 2 weeks past my period and my dr said they can't see me till end of march beggining of april
    meagan1088

Comment by meagan1088 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• ASk your Dr
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011