Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been checking your bank statement lately?

i just check mine and noticed withdraws of $19.95 from a place called TODAYS ESCAPES+ i seen this on my statement back in july and called the 800# they said that they don't see me in there computer so i must not be a member.I said why r u taking money out of my account then and to stop it.well that did not get me anywhere here it is months later there still taking money.I never heard of them before a never sign up for this.have to call the bank.I google this and theres so many storys like mine.have u heard of this and what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by momangel05 at 2:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Close that bank account. Go down to your bank and find out how to file fraud charges against the company that is doing this to you.

    Answer by pinkink at 4:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

  • wow,,,,yes once that happened i ordered on line and hit something by mistake and some company charged me for magazines,,,i now check my statement on -line very AM

    Answer by cameron536 at 5:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

  • Your bank can stop the charges, you just have to fill out some forms with them. They may also be able to reverse the charge for the month you report the problem.

    Answer by customcat2000 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

  • if you go to your bank and file fraud charges they will investigate, if they find it to be that this company had no authorization from you they will put your monwy back into your account. at least that is what my bank does.

    Answer by maddismom247 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

  • I would stop payment on that company immediately. You can even set up your bank account where noone can draft from it without you going to the bank and submitting their information. I would also call the 800 number again and get their contact information like name, addy, and website. This could help your bank in investigating the charges. Try to talk with a manager and get some names as well. It could be that someone entered an account number wrong and transposing some numbers.
    I hope this helps. If you can't resolve it through this method you can also contact your district attorneys office with the companies info and see if they can help you get it stopped.

    Answer by Granna2006 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.