Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

special needs babysitter?

How do I find a reliable babysitter for children with autism, without paying a subscription fee to those websites that offer lists of people to look at?

Answer Question

Asked by faeriemamma at 11:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • If you go to church, you might try asking someone there who already knows your child/children and the special needs they require.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

  • Contact your states licencing board for day care, usually through the department of public welfare. They may be able to direct you to special needs friendly facilities, or contact your department of dis social services, or department of disabilities management. Someone at one of these should be able to help or direct you to someone or a group that can help.

    Answer by Mom2PunkRockers at 11:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

  • look in your yellow pages and see if you have a place that helps wtih developmentally challenged individuals and call them and ask them about it.

    Answer by CandaceHalfhill at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.