This woman wants my 16 year old to watch her children aged 5,7,8 in our home for $100.00/week.Its going to take 50.00 of that to feed them.This womans trying to get over on her.The woman and her husband both work and do well.I keep telling my daughter that the woman is just using her .I called around and every day care here charges 15.00/day/child.what do you guys think about this,please let me know.

clovergirl4444

Asked by clovergirl4444 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in About CafeMom

• You know, I paid $20 per day per child...$200 per week seems fair.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 9:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Daycare centers generally cost more then daycare homes. Daycare homes generally cost more then just a baby-sitter....

Your daughter could agree to the price plus food for the children...mean mom would have to provide food for them everyday...Just a thought
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• $100 a week is kind of a rip-off IMO. I would expect to pay that for 1 kid...she's asking to have her watch 3. I like the suggestion of having her pay your daughter $100 a week plus the cost of food. It's something at least!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Depending on the hours and if this is going to restrict you but i agree with the mother providing the food or just tell her your going to have to increase the payment demand. If my daughter babysits she has to get at least 2 dollars an hour per child. You really have to watch that whole set amount cause usaully you will get the raw end of that deal.
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 7:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I'm paying 200 a week for one child. I know it depends on where you live, but that doesn't seem even close to enough to me.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I paid 25 a day for one and had to provide food for her. I think she is being taken avantage of. I would say 200 at least and food.
    Babybrew

Answer by Babybrew at 7:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• the agreement should be SHE gets a flat fee of 100 dollars if not a lot more (keeping in mind your daughter is young)...and the parents should give her EXTRA for the food. they cannot say here is 100 for your services by the way feed my children with that money you earned...thats not cool
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• if i were your daughter i would say NO WAY! that is your house that those kids would be messing up, your food they would be eating, and your daughter will probably need help taking care of that many kids that are that age. if she can do it, she should ask for at least $100 more
    annak4404

Answer by annak4404 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If you dont want to feed them your/yourdaughters food in the house then she could offer to watch the children in their home plus gas $ for driving to and from there. Oh and I agree with the other 100/week for 3 kids is WAY to low...the lady is trying to find a sucker, Dont let that be your daughter!
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 10:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• that is what i charge per week for one child. one of them doesn't eat much so i don't require them to bring food. the other is a baby and still eats baby food and the mother packs food for her.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2008