Do Obstetricians Peform Abortions as well as Childbirths?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This question made me curious, so I looked it up. The sites I read all basically said the same thing - that it really depends on where they went to school, where they did their Residency training, and on the personal beliefs of the Dr. Most (from what I gathered) medical schools do not teach this as part of their OB training (however, they are trained on things that are, by the strictest definition, abortions, such as a dnc, terminating a tubal pg, etc...)

From what I read, almost all the Dr's who do perform abortions are OBs, however, the vast majority of OB's do not do them. In fact, from what I've read, the number of Drs who are willing to perform abortions in the US is dropping steadily, as the current Drs retire and less Drs are going into that line of work (the articles I've read said that was for various reasons).

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Not sure..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2011