Pregnancy Test question???

Can not drinking enough water affect ur hcg levels when taking a pregnancy test?

Mordecai2012

Asked by Mordecai2012 at 4:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Not usually, in fact, the opposite is true, that if you drink a lot of water fast to sort of try to "make" yourself have to pee, you can decrease the amount (proportionally) that's in your urine, and end up giving yourself a false neg.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i think drinking too much can but not enough
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Ok, cause I drink more tea, soda and juice more than anything. Honestly, the only time I really drink water is while I'm brushing my teeth...
    Mordecai2012

Comment by Mordecai2012 (original poster) at 4:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think, as far as affecting the level of hormone that's in your urine, it really is more about the amount of liquid you drink, not so much wat the liquid is, as far as tea, soda, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• They say it can, but it's never affected my pregnancy tests, I actually got a BFP after drinking alot of water, to me it all depends on the amount of HCG you have in your urine. Also if you take a test & it's positive start drinking alot of water, water is very important for your growing baby & drink less soda not so good. GL! =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011