Is this normal after a c-section??

Hello everyone,

Its been 6weeks after my second c-section and i still havent started my period and kinda scares me. I only bleed for the first two weeks and it stoped. After my first section i remember i started like two weeks after i stop bleeding which was four weeks. So i really dont know whats going could there be something wronge?

mthomas817

Asked by mthomas817 at 5:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wait a few more weeks. I had 2 c's and after my second my period came quicker.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It has nothing to do with the c-section, it has to do with giving birth. My period didn't come back for up to 5 months. Are you breasfeeding? That makes it stay away longer.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If you already bleed for 2 weeks after your c-section then i wouldn't worry
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 7:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i breatfeed for about 2 weeks had to stop because he wasnt latchinn on good and didnt seem to fill him up. My milk is still coming in so i dont really understand what is going on here. With my first son after i stoped breasfeeding my milk dryed up like a week later..
    mthomas817

Comment by mthomas817 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• if you still lactating it could postpone yhe onset of your menses. i didnt have mine for close to ayear, but if your truly worried dont heesitate to ask you dr. noone knows you body as good as you, and making sure everythings alright and answering your questions is the drs job.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Ok so here is another question.. I finally started (sorry if to much info lol) now is it suppose to be real heavy and bright red?? Bofore i had kids it was never like this and after my first i got the Mariana so i never had a period. So this is weird.....
    mthomas817

Comment by mthomas817 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Wait a few more weeks, it 'll happen
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2011