Can she join?

My neighbor is a sweet woman, just became unemployed and is home alone all day, bored crapless. She asked about any online sites fun to visit, I said CM was cool, but since she's not a mom, I wasn't sure she was allowed.

I guess no one would really know and she just wouldn't address things about having kids (and thats a lot on here).

Don't wanna break rules but part of me tells me there's no way anyone but me and her would know. I guess one could always claim to be planning on having kids (even if they aren't) and that would excuse them from not knowing much about having them.

Is it really just for moms or is it looked the other way by virtue of being female?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Of course she can join. It may be CM, but this section, P&CE, plus many groups would be great for her.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't mind if she joins as long as she's not like, insane, and making up stories about having kids, lol.

I think it was very considerate of you to ask!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me if she joined.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• welcome to cafemomYes she can and if someone has a problem dont worry about it its thier problem not yours.

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just like my sister, if she has animals then she is a Mom. haha
    I really don't see what the big deal is.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just to be on the safe side you can Contact CafeMom and ask them.  In the mean time here are the Guildines

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• All the down votes because members of this site are welcoming to others. Men join. Hell, a man started the site. Men aren't moms - right? But, down vote away our loving little troll. They don't mean anything when it is for something as innocuous as welcoming someone if she wants to join.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Of course she can. Who is going to know? But this site is all about parenting. Maybe there is a site that will hold her interest better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2011