Anybody else's husband do this????

My husband was asleep, SOUND asleep. I poked him, said his name in various loudness, and even shook him! Then I grabed the remote he was holding so I could change the channel and he woke instantly and grabed it back. LOL It amazes me. The only other thing that will wake him that quickly is when I cry.. or now when our baby cries.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 2:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My husband has really strange sleeping habits. He talks in his sleep and if I talk to him he'll talk back! It used be be worse when he had sleep apnea but he had a surgery to correct his breathing problems so now he sleeps better. He still does weird stuff once in a while though. Like the other night I was sitting in bed nursing the baby when he stood up and started to leave the room. I said "Where ya goin' hun?" and he said "I don't know" and I said "Are you going to go sleep walking?" and he said "Mmmmaybeee" like I had just asked if he was eating some extra desserts or something!! I couldn't help but laugh at him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Nothing wakes my husband! Lol He even slept through an earthquake a while back and didn't wake up until I started yelling. He sleeps through everything! It's annoying especially when I can't sleep. Lol
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• not exactly that, he could sleep through anything though. and he talks in his sleep, lol. i envy people that can lay down and go straight to sleep, when i NEVER can, i wondered if it was just men who do this or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Mine will do that if you try to take anything out of his hand while he's asleep! But I try to wake him up to get up with the kids, and oddly he doesn't hear a thing! lol
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 2:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My hubby falls asleep within seconds and it is hard as hell to wake him but if I shut off the tv he is awake instantly .
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 3:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• lol ya then he looks at you and says something lie wha what are you doign lol ... cracks me up
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• oh yea don't touch that remote it is like when you take it out of their hands there is an electric shock that wakes them. or my hubby goes to bed before i do and when i go into the bedroom i like to wind down and watch tv now i can make all the noise i want but as soon as i start looking for the remote he'll wake up and say what are you doin? its crazy
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• this is hilarious! so its in the men genes then? okay does any of your husbands fall asleep on you and when you try to take the remote or shut off the tv they wake up and claim that they weren't sleeping? mine does that constantly. Even after 5 years of marriage. Its like come on buddy i know you were sleeping why do you have to lie and say you werent? its not lie it sa big dealLOL
    SparklesOfAmber

Answer by SparklesOfAmber at 8:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• LOL! Nah, he won't wake up for anything. If he's not ready to wake up, he just plain won't wake up. I tried to get him up at 10 this morning and he just muttered something random and went back to sleep. Then when I woke him up at 11 he got pissed because he said I didn't wake him up at 10.

Au contraire, my latino louver. HAHA
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Sounds like your has selective hearing..as most men..But knows whats up to grab back the remote
    Anonymous