Go to mexico?

My daughter is in love w/mexican who was deported.  She hurts for him and wants to fly to Mexico to visit him. Considering all the violence going on there and shes a beautiful white woman 28y.o. traveling alone plus leaving her 8 yo son at home w/me. should she go? Is it gonna be safe for her? Knowing the violence there is it selfish of her to go there and risk her life?  Leaving her son w/no mom? I would appreciate some in put.  Thanks.

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 5:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Travel

• Okay, my parents LIVE in Mexico (bought a second house) outside of Guadalajara and they really laugh about the media hype (and I get it, my husband is in news). It's not as nasty as people think. Using common sense goes a long way and being with a Mexican resident cannot hurt either. If she is careful about where she goes and at what hours, it shouldn't be a problem...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Damn that sucks but she is an adult. If it were me I wouldn't and I am Mexican/American just pray about it ask God to make her see what she doesn't see now GL there are plenty of men here in the US she needs to open her eyes and find someone local ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would say not, she should not go. But sense she is an adult. You can only advise her on how you feel about it at least. She is making a smart choice not to bring her son.

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• she said find someone from the US.. he wouldnt get deported!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Too dangerous to go to Mexico.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• IMO, it's just too dangerous.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I grew up in Mexico and would go back in a heartbeat! Where in Mexico is she going?
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 8:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I know she is 28 and has her own life but I would tell her HELL No it's just to dangerous....I was in vegas 2 weeks ago and I was talking to the Taxi Driver and he was talking about kids going to Mexico for Spring Break and said his friends son went down to Mexico for SB and never came back til this day....and that was 2 years ago, no call or siteing of him.....so its more dangerous for a female. Tell her No. Tell her this story too I hope it stops her from going there it's not safe even the Cruise lines are not going there anymore due to the Danger. Good Luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011